My Working parents raised me very modestly,they taught me to survive alone,to back my instincts and go alone.It was hard to comprehend then why two well of hard working parents ,one a lecturer and one an Officer with the Indian Railways,would raise their only son so modestly,teaching him to curtail his desires,and get things he wants on his own.

The World changes every moment,Does it Not?

What If I turned 40 one day,and looked back,I would not be satisfied with whatever I would achieve then,and this is one thing that scares me.
But then If I were to apply this to a country or our Society as a whole,How would India be After 20 years?

We have imbibed the best practices from the World,but with development,our values have detoriated,have they not?

Kalam Sahab,Talks about a Knowledge superpower for India by 2020,but What if this Quest for knowledge,the race to be the best,stripped us of our values.The Values you and I,have grown up with,Do not lose them?

Keep them Intact,Because those Values are you,You lose them,you lose The beauty of being an Indian,you lose the pride of coming from the Culture where religions have existed in peace and hormony,We have given the world Buddhism,we have given the world Zero,We have given them peace.

The only thing I Wish for myself when I Turn 40 is to have children who respect me ,who respect our culture,and for me,I wish,That When my Parents look at me,I be the mirror of them where  they can look at themselves and be satisfied that they raised me Well.

Posted for IILM GSM blog by Anupam dubey